12/11/2009

Saltine Toffee Candy - So easy!!


Like I said the candy bug has bitten!
I have wanted to try these for a while and finally got around to it.


I have head this called poor mans toffee...
The recipe I found was called, "Saltine Toffee"
It was super easy!


Start by coving a jelly roll pan with foil AND spray with pam. Believe me you want to do this!

Cover the entire try with a layer of saltines salt side up. 
Next make the butter, sugar mix. 


Pour butter mix over the crackers and place in oven for just about 5 min. or until brown and bubbly. 


As soon as it come out sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top. They will melt, just give them a second!


When the chocolate chips were all melted I took a spatula and smoothed out the top.
Now, let them cool. 


When they are completely cool, break or cut them into pieces. 
Oh, my goodness, it is impossible to eat just one! 
It is also the easiest candy I have ever made!


Saltine Toffee Cookies

Ingredients

  • 4 ounces saltine crackers
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup dark brown sugar
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup chopped pecans

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
  2. Line cookie sheet with saltine crackers in single layer.
  3. In a saucepan combine the sugar and the butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Immediately pour over saltines and spread t cover crackers completely.
  4. Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Let sit for 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate and top with chopped nuts. Cool completely and break into pieces.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Tim, Allyson, and kids said...

Wow, that looks delicious!

RM said...

okay this is yummy. i was at my friends today and she had just made this... but she calls it "mock almond roca" same recipe as you only adds sliced almonds...i think it would be yummy with coconut too! ! it's great!

Amanda said...

Awesome! Showed my hubby this and he wants me to make some!

Anonymous said...

waiting to spread the choc. around as we speak. can't wait to try it! :)

Maureen Light Photography said...

Might want to BOLD text that you can't eat just one as a warning, not that it would have stopped me...Elisabeth and I had 5 each this evening.

Heather said...

We just made this- turned out great!

Tami said...

This is SO good! I've made it with graham crackers, too. There's a recipe for it on my blog. I made it for Halloween one year. So addicting!!