3/28/2010

*HOT* Walgreens deals!



The deals are hot at Walgreens this week.  There’s a few money makers.  In general I try to use moneymaker deals to buy the items that cost me money like: toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags or diapers.  Here are a few scenarios to get this stuff for cheap:
First Transaction

Dove Shampoo $4
Dulcolax $10
Use $1.50/1 Dove coupon from 3/28 RP insert
Pay $8.50 plus tax out of pocket and earn one $4RR and one $10RR back
Second Transaction

Dove Conditioner $4 (since it is rolling)
Viva Paper towels $5.99
Ultra Tuff Trashbags $3.99
Dentex Floss $2
Walgreens Multivitamin $3
Use $1.50/1 Dove coupon from 3/28 RP insert
Use $1/1 DenTek Floss Pick or Floss 1/17/2010 SS Insert (exp 3/31/2010)
Use $0.40/1 Viva paper towel coupon from 2/21 SS insert
Use $10 Dulcolax RR
Use $4 Dove RR
Pay $2.08 plus tax out of pocket and get back $4 RR from dove $2RR from dentek and $3 RR from Walgreens vitamins
Now if you wanted to keep on going you could:
Third Transaction

Buy one Dulcolax $10
Buy one Dove Hair scare product $4
Buy four Easter tumblers $0.12 each after in ad coupon (fillers)
Use $1.50/1 Dove coupon from 3/28 RP insert
Use $4 dove RR
Use $3 Walgreens vitamin RR
Use $2 Dentek RR
Pay $0.00 plus tax out of pocket and get back $14 in RRs
Then you could re-do transaction #2 (replace the trash bags and Viva paper towels with two Cottonelles) and use your overage to get toilet paper this time.  What do you think?  What are your plans for this week?
Note:  These scenarios will only work while the Dove RR is rolling.
Thanks Common Sense with Money!
Photobucket

1 comment:

tracey said...

I really am trying to learn the correct way to use coupons at Wal-Greens, and I thought I was doing pretty good. But the cashiers are so rude even when you are as nice as possible. Then I apologize and explain that I am learning and I ask them if I'm doing it right and they are like " I don't know." Very frustrating. And they act like I am committing a crime. And don't get me started on the CVS and a certain cashier at my local CVS. I will keep trying and thanks for the tips.