5/13/2010

Guest Post: Recipe for Chicken Chasseur


This is a recipe from my friend Heather O. I have not had a chance to try it, which is silly because I know my kids would love it. I am planning on having it on Sunday, I'll let you know how it goes!

From Heather: It is a family favorite that I have been eating for years. A little sidenote about this recipe: when I was growing up my sister, brother and I called this dinner "chicken in the sewer". Somehow it stuck, we couldn't pronounce "chassier" and I'm not even sure if that is how it spelled, but anyways "Chicken in the Sewer" has always been a favorite, and I'm embaressed to admit that I was a freshman in highschool before I learned that was not the real name. I never understood why my friends got grossed out when I told them that was what we were having for dinner. LOL!
Okay this is real easy:
Ingredients:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks
1/3 cup corn starch
1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
2 stalks of celery, diced
1 cup of onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil.
2 Tablespoons butter
8 oz of fresh mushrooms quartered
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
3 large tomatoes, cut into 8th's
Put cornstarch and spices into large plastic bag. Add the chicken and shake well to coat. Saute the chicken in the oil and butter until the chicken is nice and brown. Add the onion, mushrooms and celery and cook until the onion is translucent. Add the chicken stock, season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes on low. Stir in the fresh tomatoes, cover and simmer for 5 more minutes.
Serve over hot, steamed rice.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so glad you posted my family recipe. I hope your family likes it. Let me know!
-Heather