Julia did a great job of highlighting the changes to the new Safeway and Randalls coupon policy. You can go HERE and print a copy to take with you. Cashiers rarely know their coupon policy well in the first place, so when changes are made it can be very confusing for everyone. That is why it is very helpful to just have a copy with you all the time. This policy was revised 6/7/2010.
Manufacturer and Store Coupons:
4. Coupons cannot be applied against the free item received in any offer where a customer buys one or more items to get one or more items free. This means in a BOGO situation, you can not use 2 coupons and most likley means you can also not use a BOGO coupon.
5. Coupon amount may be reduced so that any combined discounts and coupons do not exceed the value of the item. See number 12 below. This means no overage, but hey at least they’ll take the coupon and adjust it down!
8. Safeway will accept valid manufacturer coupons that display another retailer’s logo or name. WOO HOO, huge bonus. You know all those “Target” coupon with the manufacturer logo on them, yep you can now use those at Safeway too!
9. Safeway will accept valid Catalina manufacturer coupons that are issued to a customer by another retailer. Yes – you read it right CATALINA coupons! This includes Walgreens Register Rewards and any other coupon you get that spits out of those Catalina machines at ANY store (as long as it’s a manufacturer catalina coupon).
12. The transaction amount may not fall below zero value, or go negative, meaning we will not give the customer money back. Pretty simple, no overage.
Internet Printed Coupons:
16. We gladly accept internet printed coupons. The same manufacturer and store coupon rules above apply to all internet printed coupons.
17. Internet printed coupons must scan at checkout.
18. Internet printed coupons must have serial numbers and follow an industry-standard format.
19. Manufacturer internet printed coupons must clearly indicate that they are a manufacturer coupon and have a valid manufacturer address on the printed coupon.
20. We will not accept “free product” internet printed manufacturer coupons. Most stores don’t accept FREE product coupons that have been printed at home.
Load to Card Club Coupons:
21. Internet and digital coupons that have been electronically loaded to a Safeway Club Card are automatically redeemed at the time of purchase after the club card number has been entered. All other coupon policies above apply to electronic coupons that are loaded to a club card. This one is clear as mud – can we or can’t we use an eCoupon as well as a paper manufacturer coupon? In the read more link below is states that you cannot “stack” and eCoupon and paper coupon but it states “Hawaii Only”. So looks like it’s a go here for the rest of us, sorry Hawaii!