Smuckers is offering $20,000 for a family reunion if you enter a family recipe and you are the winner! Go HERE to enter!
This is the recipe that I am entering:
Here is my recipe. Actually my Grandma's, she made it for me all the time when I lived with her. She clipped it out of the local paper during World War II, changed it up a bit and has been making it since.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 slices day-old bread, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Smuckers orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 dash ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 slices lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish or a dish of similar size.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, lemon juice, water, egg, bread, onion and seasoning salt until well blended. Shape into 6 individual loaves - I like to make large balls. Place them in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven while you prepare the topping. In a small bowl, stir together the ketchup, orange marmalade, brown sugar, mustard powder, allspice and cloves. Spoon the sauce over the loaves, then top each one with a slice of lemon. Return to the oven, and bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until cooked through.