12/15/2009

Taco Salad Recipe with Catalina dressing.



I am reposting this recipe because we can never get enough!
Ridiculously good Taco Salad recipe!


This has been a staple meal in our house for quite a few years now. It is a kid and hubby favorite! I love it because it is easy and yummy!!

First, brown 1lb. ground beef or turkey with 1 packet of taco seasoning. When cooked set aside and let cool.

Chop 1 head of iceberg lettuce into pieces, cup up one tomato ( isn't this a beautiful heirloom one from my garden!) and finally grate 1 cup of carrots.
Next, drain and rinse, 1 can ranch style beans and 1 can black olives. Have your kids slice the olives.

Add it all together into a LARGE bowl.
Call your kids in and make them help! Add 1 package of your favorite yellow cheese mix. Almost an entire bag of nacho cheese Doritos crushed and a bottle of catalina salad dressing. Now if you can find the sweet honey great, if not just use regular.
Add the cooled meat and cheese. If taking to a potluck, wait and put the dressing on when you get there.
Again, have your kids or the BIG kid crush the Doritos up into the salad. This is my BIG kid, I don't have man hands!
Serve with sliced avocado... I would have but my dumb store only had rock hard avocados, darn.
I can't tell you how yummy this is! You have to try it this weekend! I will type out the recipe below.

Taco Salad

1lb. ground meat
1 package taco seasoning
1 can black olives sliced
1 can ranch style beans drained and rinsed
2 c. shredded cheese
1 cup shredded carrots
1 head chopped lettuce
1 tomato chopped
1 small bunch green onions sliced
1 bag nacho cheese Doritos crushed
1 bottle catalina salad dressing

Brown hamburger and add taco seasoning, let cool. Add all ingredients together and dress with catalina when ready to eat. Garnish with avocado.

Photobucket

2 comments:

babyyahyah said...

i am actually going to try that next weekend for a picnic gathering. it looks good. now i know my kids will complain about the beans though, but i am going to stick them in anyway. it does look good.

~Mo~ said...

I'm going to try this, it sounds and looks really good!