7/05/2010

Watching too much T.V. gives kids ideas!

** This is a repost from last year, but do the obsession my 6 year old has with money right now I am reposting it!

My children write letters and color pictures almost every day. Their favorite thing to do is mail these letters to aunts, uncles and grandparents. They address them and stuff the mailbox full of unstamped letters with the occasional peanut butter sandwich folded up inside for another lucky person.

This past weekend one of my kids was extra bust filling out envelopes and putting in items. I first noticed it on Saturday, but by Monday morning the mailbox was full of letters to be mailed. It was so full the post lady had to bring my mail up to the house.

"Someone was busy writing letters." She informed me.

I apologized she had to bring them up to the house and walked back to the mailbox to retrieve the un-mailable letters. They were packed full of heavy metal items. I brought them inside and opened all the letters and dumped all this on the table:
I recognized the pile from the ballpark the other day. They had been putting up a new chain link fence and the little kids spent most of the game checking out the new addition.

"Avery, can you come here" I yelled.

"Hey girl, you were busy, these envelopes are too big and heavy. Who were you mailing them to?" I asked her.

I should have known better than to ask, she looked at me like I had grown two heads and was too stupid to possibly be the parent.

"Cash for Gold." Avery said. "They have a guarantee."

~ Twelve hours later I am still giggling to myself. If you have not seen the cash for gold commercials, that means you don't watch enough T.V. :)

P.S. As I was writing this morning my 9 and 7 year olds were reading over my shoulder, the 9 year old turned to the 7 year old and said, "see, I told you it wouldn't work."
Photobucket

1 comment:

BeaDandelion said...

brilliant!!! you could have them collect cans on the side of the road for recycling! I remember contests when I was in grade school for the repair on the Statue of Liberty. Do you remember that?